The 2014 Inaugural Conference on Social Responsibility in Asia, to be held in Hiroshima, Japan, is an international conference that offers a platform for scholarly and applied conversations among a wide variety of stakeholders concerned with the continual challenge of advancing the social responsibility agenda: people, planet, and growth.
As the fields of social responsibility, sustainable development and sustainable business cross over into multiple areas and disciplines, authors are welcome to submit from a range of topics, perspectives, and disciplines. The range of research submissions may include conceptual, empirical, experimental, and case studies. With the theme of Balancing the Triple Bottom Line the conference will promote a critical understanding of the innovative and organic approaches concerning social responsibility toward sustainability.
This is an international, peer-reviewed conference. Full papers are welcome, but not required. Registered participants with an accepted abstract and/or refereed full paper will be published in the Proceedings (ISSN 2188-6881). We invite proposals of 250 words by Monday, September 15th, 2014 submitted through our online system that consider the following themes:
- Corporate Governance
- CSR and Biodiversity
- CSR and Business Ethics
- CSR and Education
- CSR and Management
- CSR and Social Media
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD)
- Science & Technology of Sustainability
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Business, Production and Consumption
- Sustainable Energy Policies
- Sustainable Development
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Abstracts must be a maximum of 250 words must be submitted through the online system.
- Abstracts must focus on scientific results or their application and the broader impacts of the research findings. The Review Committee may decline to consider abstracts that do not meet both of these items.
- The preferred type of presentation (oral, poster or virtual) should be made clear with the abstract submission. The Review Committee may change the presentation mode at its discretion.
- Payment of the registration fee is required for inclusion in the schedule and proceedings.
- Co-authors also wishing to attend and present must register separately in order to attend sessions and receive a Certificate of Presentation.
- Submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation to give a presentation in the designated manner assigned by the Review Committee. Permission to publish the abstract of the paper in the conference program is implied.
- An individual cannot present another person’s paper, if their name is not listed as an author on the abstract.
- Submissions derived from plagiarized or copyrighted research will automatically be rejected.
- If the submitted research paper or results have been previously published in another journal, it will not be accepted.
- Oral presenters will be allotted 25 minutes to present depending on the format and including time for comments and questions.
- If two or more co-authors will present together, the allotted time is still 25 minutes total.
- The session moderator has three tasks, (1) briefly introduce each panelist; (2) serve as a time moderator to ensure equal presentation times; and (3) to field questions and stimulate discussion after the final presentation.
- Seating arrangement for oral presentations will be theater style with a table at the front.
- Computers, projectors and screens will be provided in each presentation room.
- Please prepare an extra copy of your presentation on a USB Drive.
- Poster boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape.
- Posters must be set up 15 minutes before the start of the session and taken down after the session ends.
- Poster materials should include the title of the presentation and the list of authors. Bring all illustrations needed — figures, tables, color photographs, charts.
- Common dimensions for posters are A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
- Poster material should be well labeled and easy to read from a distance of one meter. Lettering should be bold. If you will be posting typed material, use a large font size (24 to 30 pt) on white, pale yellow or cream-colored non-glossy paper. Avoid use of non-standard fonts. Use 1-inch margins. Use upper and lower case letters.
- No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations.
In our effort to assist participants unable to attend because of funding problems, a schedule conflict, illness, etc., we will prepare a virtual panel to be shown during the event. The number of virtual panels and presenter slots is limited.
Virtual presenters that have completed the registration process will be included in the Schedule and Proceedings (ISSN 2188-6881). In addition, you will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings and a certificate of presentation.
Guidelines for virtual presenters are as follows,
- Select the ‘virtual presentation’ option on the submission application or contact the secretariat.
- Prepare a 10 minute presentation using video or Power Point with an audio track no later than October 15, 2014.
- Upload your presentation file to our ‘Drop Box’ (details will be provided upon confirmation of registration)
As indicated, virtual presenters are accorded the same inclusion rights in the schedule and proceedings as the other presenters. For further information regarding virtual presentation guidelines please contact the secretariat.
This is an international, peer-reviewed conference. Full papers are welcome, but not required. Registered participants with an accepted abstract and/or refereed full paper will be published in the Proceedings (ISSN 2188-6881). Oral, poster and virtual presenters shall be included in the Proceedings.
- The Proceedings will be published electronically and given to participants at the Conference.
- Full papers are welcome, but not required.
- All submissions will undergo a blind review process.
- In support of environmental sustainability, the Proceedings will be published in electronic format only.
- Those wishing to submit a full paper should do so no later than October 13, 2014.
- Click here to download the template: COSRA 2014 Full Paper Template
|COSRA 2014||will be held||October 29-31, 2014|
||must be received by||September 15, 2014|
|Early Bird Registration||available until||September 1, 2014|
|Advanced Registration||available until||September 8, 2014|
|Presenters Registrations||must be confirmed by||September 30, 2014|
||should be submitted by||October 13, 2014|